Conduct laboratory and/or clinical research that utilise Aspetar’s infrastructure to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the field of sports medicine, recovery from injuries, return to play. Serves the Hospital’s aim of assisting athletes to achieve their maximal potential through injury prevention, faster return to play and improved performance.
He/she will work under a direct supervisor reporting to the Head of research and the Director of Research office to ensure all research tasks are completed professionally and efficiently.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Fulfil all administrative and organisational duties related to research projects, including defining the study design, ethics application, participant recruitment and responsibility over research documentation.
- Ensure assessment, inclusion and follow-up of the recruited subjects/patients.
- Implement and, if necessary, validate the required scientific methods for the research project.
- Assure data collection and management for the assigned study (verify accuracy; ensure integrity, security of data).
- Perform statistical analysis supported by the scientific and statistical staff of the Research department.
- Prepare articles for international peer-reviewed journals.
- Participate in the continuous scientific education of Aspetar by attending lectures and giving presentations.
- Responsible for regular equipment calibration in accordance to manufacturer recommendations, plus first-line maintenance of equipment.
- Serve as a resource person for specialized skills in their area of expertise, providing support, consultation and counselling to all level of researchers.
- Assume any other responsibilities as directed by the Head of research and/or Director of Research and Scientific Support.
Key Generic Accountabilities:
Necessary knowledge and Experience to be able to do the job:
- Experience in conducting scientific research/clinical trials in a clinical/non-clinical setting.
- Experience in data management and analysis.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication (oral / written / presentation) skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Patient, meticulous and pays attention to detail.
- Confident, motivated, team worker.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- English and/or Arabic speaker.
Education and Certification requirements:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in physiotherapy and/or related fields.
- PhD or Higher degree in Sports Science/ Human Movement/ Biological Sciences/ Physical Education/ Kinesiology/Rehabilitation sciences (or equivalent).
- Evidence of publication of high-quality research projects as a lead investigator.
To apply please send your CV to: email@example.com