21 Sep 2022 - 18 Jan 2023
Aspetar Wednesday Webinar Series - 2022
We will launch the 2nd year of Aspetar’s very popular Wednesday Webinar Series on the 16th of February 2022—the first of 7 Aspetar Wednesday Webinars this year. We are keen to learn together. Please register to join many Aspetar and international specialists in Sports Medicine and Science in a safe online space. We will share knowledge and experiences, presenting and discussing “Travel Sports Medicine”, “Football Medicine and Performance”, “Hamstring Injuries in Football Players”, “Hot Topics in Football Medicine and Performance”, and much more.
Overall learning objectives:
On completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the impact of COVID-19 on athlete health and training
- Apply best evidence in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of common injuries and musculoskeletal conditions in athletes.
- Discuss principles of coping with heat to improve training and performance and the use of heat therapy in athletes.
- Appraise the effect of growth-related injuries in elite youth athletes
- Discuss the importance of shared decision making and ethics in sports medicine
Every 3rd Wednesday of the month (July August summer break):
- 16 February, 2022
- 16 March, 2022
- 18 May, 2022
- 15 June, 2022
- 21 September, 2022
- 19 October, 2022
- 18 January, 2023
5:00 - 6:30 pm (GMT+3 )
Live sessions via Microsoft Teams.
QAR 150 for 7 sessions (must register for all 7 sessions, no option to register for individual sessions)
Allied Healthcare Practitioners, Dentists, Nurses, Pharmacists, Physicians, Others (Sports Scientists, Coaches, Researchers).
- This activity is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Category 1) as defined by the Ministry of Public Health’s Department of Healthcare Professions – Accreditation Section and is approved for a maximum of 1.50 hours.
- Activity Code: HGI-03-P82
- 1.5 CPD Credits per webinar (10.5 credits total)
- Certificates will only be issued to attendees who register and attend the live session.
Format of activity:
Presentation 60 Minutes
Interactive discussion 30 minutes
Scientific Planning Committee:
Paul Dijkstra (Chair), Sofie Nelis (Co-Chair), Faten Smiley, Dorothy Lechicki, Celeste Geertsema, Raouf Rekik, Pieter D’Hooghe, Dania Almasri, Konstantinos Epameinontidis, Zainab Al Sarraf, Sean McCrudden, Marco Cardinale, Rafael Santos
The Scientific Planning Committee has reviewed all disclosed financial relationships of speakers, moderators, facilitators and/or authors in advance of the CPD activity and has implemented procedures to manage any potential or real conflicts of interest.
Click here to view Agenda
Terms & Conditions