20/12/2023 05:00 PM - 24/01/2024 06:30 PM
Aspetar Wednesday Webinar Series 2023
Join us for the second cycle of the Aspetar Wednesday Webinar Series; a unique online learning experience bringing “cutting edge sports medicine and science to your doorstep”.
Starting February 15, 2023 you will be able to actively learn from top experts sharing their knowledge on “Bone stress injuries”, “Orthobiologics in Sports Medicine”, “Shared decision making in elite athletes” and much more!
Overall learning objectives
On completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the impact of COVID-19 on athlete health and training.
- Apply best evidence in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of common injuries and musculoskeletal conditions in athletes.
- Discuss principles of coping with heat to improve training and performance and the use of heat therapy in athletes.
- Appraise the effect of growth-related injuries in elite youth athletes.
- Understand the importance of shared decision making and ethics in sports medicine.
- Apply strategies to cope with effects of travel on athlete health.
- Develop approaches to deal with diversity in sport.
- 15 February 2023
- 17 May 2023
- 21 June 2023
- 6 September 2023
- 20 September 2023
- 4 October 2023
- 18 October 2023
- 1 November 2023
- 15 November 2023
- 17 January 2024
5:00 – 6:30 pm (GMT+3)
Live sessions via Microsoft Teams.
QAR 50 for 10 sessions (Must register for all 10 sessions, no option to register for single sessions) - Free for Aspire Zone staff by registering using your work email address
Allied health professionals, Dentists, Nurses, Pharmacists, Physicians, Others (researchers, scientists, coaches, managers, etc.)
This activity is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Category 1) as defined by the Ministry of Public Health’s Department of Healthcare Professions – Accreditation Section (DHP-AS).
Activity Code: HGI-03-P82
1.5 CPD Credits per webinar (15 credits total).
Certificates will only be issued to attendees who register and attend the live session.
Format of activity:
Presentation 60 Minutes
Interactive discussion 30 minutes
Scientific Planning Committee:
Paul Dijkstra (Chair), Sofie Nelis (Co-Chair), Faten Smiley, Dorothy Lechicki, Celeste Geertsema, Raouf Rekik, Pieter D’Hooghe, Dania Almasri, Konstantinos Epameinontidis, Zainab Al Sarraf, Sean McCrudden, Marco Cardinale, Rafael Santos
The Scientific Planning Committee has reviewed all disclosed financial relationships of speakers, moderators, facilitators and/or authors in advance of the CPD activity and has implemented procedures to manage any potential or real conflicts of interest.