Prof. Marco Cardinale is a Sports Scientist with extensive experience in various field. He was the Head of Sports Physiology and Research of Aspire Academy in Doha (Qatar) from 2013 until recently. Before moving to Qatar, he led the Sports Science activities for the preparation of Team GB (Great Britain and Northern Ireland) at the Beijing 2008, Vancouver 2010 and London 2012 Olympic Games.
A former Handball player and coach, he has been involved in coach education in various countries in the area of strength and conditioning and exercise physiology. A widely published and cited author in the scientific literature on various aspects of human performance, he has also patented an innovative exercise device consisting of a vibratory biofeedback system which received research awards from NEStech and the Design Council.
- In 2017 he obtained the National Habilitation to Full Professor by the Italian Ministry of Education in 06/N2 Science of Sport and Physical Activity.
- Ph.D. in Sports Science from Semmelweis University (Hungary)
- M.Sc. in Sports Science from the United States Sports Academy (USA)
- B.Sc. from Istituto Superiore Statale di Educazione Fisica (ISEF- Rome).
- Member of the scientific commission of the Italian Track and Field Federation from 2013 to 2016.
- Invited speaker in national and international conferences in more than 20 countries.
- >100 peer-reviewed publications.
- Associate Editor of: European Journal of Sports Science, Frontiers Physiology.
- Member of the Research Excellence Framework Panel for Sports Related Studies of the Ministry of Higher Education UK.
- Visiting Professor Plymouth Marjon University.
- Honorary Associate Professor University College London