Dr Cristiano Eirale is an Italian-trained Sports Medicine Physician with a focus on football medicine pathology, physiology and performance. He completed his medical training at the University of Pavia in 2001 where he specialised in Sport Medicine in 2005. From 2004 to 2006, he was the first team physician for FC Internazionale Milano, and from 2007 to 2012 the Medical Director of Qatar National Football Team. He is currently working in Aspetar’s Sport Medicine Division, where he has been since its opening in 2007. He has published several papers on football injuries, especially on their epidemiology, with a special focus on the characteristics of football in the Middle East.
- 2001: MD, University of Pavia, Italy
- 2005: Sport Medicine Specialist, University of Pavia, Italy
- 2007–present: Qatar National Football Team Medical Director
- 2010: Algerian National Football Team ACMO at 2010 South Africa FIFA World Cup
- 2004-2006: First Team Physician Inter Milan Football Club