Abdurrahman is a highly motivated Qatari sportsman and sports management consultant, with more than 21 years of experience in management and media organisations, business administration, project-based organisations, planning, and implementing, with a specific background in communication advocacy and social development for diversity of sports and public organisations. Abdulrahman was the Administrative Manager of the Sports Medicine Center from 2001 to 2007, when Aspetar was softly opening. He then played a key role in supporting and establishing the National Sports Medicine Programme (NSMP) as its Executive Manager. Previous positions include Director Editor at Al Watan Newspaper, Consultant in Communication and Media and Marketing, and Media Advisor at AZF President office, and Editor and Presenter at Al Kass TV.
Abdulrahmen also currently holds the following responsibilities:
- Executive Board Member, Qatar Football Association
- Vice President of Medical Committee, Qatar Olympic Committee
- Member of various committees, Asian Football Confederation
- Member of Arab Federation of Sports Medicine
- Head of Finance, Sports Media Committee, Qatar Olympic Committee