25 Feb 2017 - 26 Feb 2017
1st Aspetar Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Nursing Conference
Day 1: Attendees will acquire the scientific skills and the opportunity for hands on training during the interactive workshops.
Day 2: Attendees will receive comprehensive up to date clinical information to use in their practice. There will be a variety of presentations that are sports medicine, orthopaedic, quality, and education specific.
Click here for full detailed agenda
Overall learning objectives
During this event participants will be able to:
1. Improve the skills of advancing patient care through Interprofessional Collaboration
2. Discover the emerging role of Nurses within the Sports Medicine Team
3. Develop skills on the Assessment and Management of Cardiac problems in Athletes
4. Explore recent recommendations in the management of Emergency Care for Sports injuries and illnesses sustained on the field of play
5. Collaborate with Multidisciplinary clinical teams to recognise the benefits of Pre-Participation Evaluation for Athletes
6. Discuss the Substances that are prohibited in Sports
7. Discover Evidence-Based methodologies to incorporate Quality and Education in Athlete Care
8. Enhance Post-Operative patient care and reduce complications
9. Discover the Multidisciplinary approach to Exercise is Medicine Qatar
10. Apply core Nursing Skills in Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Practice settings
Click here for Parking location map
This activity is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Category 1) as defined by the Qatar Council for Healthcare Practitioners -Accreditation Department and is approved for a maximum of 11 hours.
We look forward to welcoming you all.