Dr Ulrike Muschaweck is the surgical chief and founder of the 'Hernia Center, Munich', the largest European Centre that exclusively specializes in hernias of the abdominal wall and groin region. Since 1989 Dr Muschaweck has worked solely on developing techniques in hernia surgery. She took up residence in her own medical practice as a surgical specialist in 1993 and since then has worked exclusively in the field of hernia surgery. She has developed two surgical methods over 10 years which have revolutionized patient care: the 'Minimal Repair' specifically developed for sportsman's groin in athletes, and the 'Munich Repair' treating umbilical hernias.
- General Surgeon- School of Medicine at the University of Gottingen, 1974
- State Examination, German Board Certified
- Doctoral Thesis, Georg-August-University, Gottingen, 1973
- Member of the German Hernia Society, DHG
- Member of the International Advisory Boards of the European Hernia Society, GREPA
- Member of the American Hernia Society, AHS
- Fellow (FACS) of the American College of Surgeons, ACS