Scientific Advisory Board
Professor. KM Chan (Hong Kong)
Director, Hong Kong Centre of Sports Medicine and Sports Science
- Professor Chan serves as the Director of the CUHK-WHO Collaborating Centre for Sports Medicine and Health Promotion, Director of the Joint Universities Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Centre and the Co-Director of The Hong Kong Jockey Club Sports Medicine and Health Sciences Centre.
- He is internationally recognised for his expertise in orthopaedic sports medicine.
- He is currently the President of the Chinese Speaking Orthopaedic Society (CSOS) and the Asia-Pacific Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (APOSSM). Professor Chan is also member of the International Steering Committee (ISC) of Bone and Joint Decade (BJD).
- He has served as the Past-President of the International Federation of Sports Medicine, Asian Federation of Sports Medicine, Hong Kong Orthopaedic Association and Hong Kong College of Orthopaedic Surgeon, and the past treasurer of International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS).
- Professor Kai Ming Chan is the Chair Professor and Chief of Service at the Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- He is currently also the Vice Chairman of the Board of the Hong Kong Sports Institute.
- Professor Chan received his medical degree from the University of Hong Kong in 1975.
- He has authored over 200 scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals and over 53 book chapters in internationally-published books, as well as has edited 25 books and produced almost 600 abstracts. Professor Chan’s major research interests lie in sports injuries and rehabilitation, arthroscopic surgery, basic science research in tendon injuries.