Prof. Roald Bahr
Head of the Aspetar Sports Injury & Illness Prevention Programme, Aspetar
Prof Roald Bahr is Head of the Aspetar Sports Injury and Illness Prevention Programme at Aspetar (from 2012), and is also a Professor of Sports Medicine and the Chair of the Oslo Sports Trauma Research Center at the Norwegian School of Sports Sciences. In addition, he is the Chief Medical Officer and Department Chair for Olympiatoppen and the Department of Sports Medicine at the Norwegian Olympic Training Center in Oslo.
He is authorised as a Sports Medicine Physician by the Norwegian Society of Sports Medicine and is a Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine. Professor Bahr is a member of the IOC Medical Commission – Medical and Scientific Group and the Medical Commission of the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB). His main research area is the prevention of injury and illness in athletes, and he has published more than 200 papers and book chapters.
- PhD, University of Oslo, 1992
- MD, University of Oslo, 1987
- 2008-Present: Member of the IOC Medical Commission - Medical and Scientific Group
- 1998-Present: Medical Commission of the International Volleyball Federation (FIVB)
- 2008: Prince Philip Medal for his outstandingly significant and original contribution to the advancement of medical knowledge in Sports and Exercise Medicine by His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh.