Research & Education
Dr. Karim Chamari
Professor Karim Chamari is a former elite windsurfer who participated in the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games, and an amateur football player. Prof Chamari is one of the most active Sport Science Researchers in the fields of Ramadan and also Football. He authored more than 130 scientific manuscripts and eighteen book chapters. Prof Chamari led the Tunisian Research Laboratory ‘Sport Performance Optimisation’ of the National Centre of Medicine and Science in Sport, Tunis, Tunisia from its creation back in 2004 until March 2013. Since then, he moved to Doha and is now part of the REC department at Aspetar, as Research Scientist in the field of ‘Ramadan and Sport’
- Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology
- Has reached the position of Full University Professor with more than 75 published articles. .
- He has been Head of the Research Unit/Lab of the National Center of Medicine and Science in Sport since its creation in 2004, until March 2013, when he moved to Doha for joining Aspetar.
- He has been fitness coach with professional players for more than 10 years in one of the most prestigious professional soccer clubs in Tunisia. He has also been fitness coach of the Tunisian Youth National soccer teams and scientific consultant of the Tunisian Football Federation in 2004, when Tunisia won its first African Cup of Nations.
Clubs & Organizations worked with
- Tunisian Football Federation
- Tunisian Sailing Federation
- Tunisian Rugby Federation
- Club Africain, Football Club (Tunisia)
- Stade Tunisien, Football Club (Tunisia)