Sports Groin Pain Centre
Dr. Per Hölmich
Orthopaedic Surgeon & Head of Sports Groin Pain Center
Dr Holmich is Orthopaedic surgeon and head of Arthroscopic Center Amager, at Copenhagen University Hospital, Amager-Hvidovre, Denmark. The Center is dedicated to arthroscopic surgery and sports orthopaedics. He is also Associate Professor at the Department of Anatomy, at the University of Copenhagen and Associate Clinical Professor at Copenhagen University Hospital. Dr Holmich is the Head of the Sports Orthopaedic Research Center- Copenhagen (SORC-C), where the current research focus is Groin, Hamstring, and Patello-femoral injuries, Prevention and Arthroscopic hip surgery.
- MD University of Copenhagen 1982
- Associate Professor in Anatomy
- Associate Clinical Professor in Orthopedic Surgery
- Specialist of Orthopedic Surgery
- Head of Arthroscopic Center Amager, Copenhagen University Hospital .
- Head of Sports Orthopedic Research Center-Copenhagen .
- Member of ISAKOS’ Orthopedic Sports Medicine Committee 2004 – 2008 .
- Medical officer for the Doping Control Agency of Denmark 1988 – 1996 .
- Co-founder of the European Federation of Sports Medicine (EFSM) 1997 .
- Chairman of the Educational Committee, North West European Chapter of Sports Medicine 1998 - 2001.
- Team physician in Professional soccer for 10 years.
- Physician for Team Denmark – National Elite Sports Organization for 15 years .