Dr Victoria Watt
Dr Victoria Watt is a consultant cardiologist in the department of Sports Medicine and Athlete Screening. Prior to her appointment to Aspetar in January 2014, Dr Watt trained in medicine and cardiology in the United Kingdom and was a consultant cardiologist at one of the largest teaching hospitals in the UK, with a subspecialty practice in heart failure, cardiomyopathy, echocardiography and device therapy. She has dual accreditation for echocardiography (transthoracic and transoesophageal) with the British Society of Echocardiography. Dr Watt has an interest in sports cardiology and the ‘athlete’s heart’, inherited cardiac conditions, cardiomyopathy and cardiac imaging. Dr Watt is one of two full-time cardiologists at Aspetar, working in a department which, over the last 5 years, has carried out cardiac screening on over 10,000 athletes.
- 1995: BMed SCI (Class I Honours) University of Sheffield, UK
- 1998: MB ChB (Hons) University of Sheffield, UK
- 2002: Membership of The Royal College of Physicians (London, UK)
- 2007: PhD - University of Sheffield, UK
- 1993-1998: 20 undergraduate prizes and distinction awards at medical school, including for distinguished performance in final MB ChB, first overall for 2nd MB ChB and final MB ChB part II, practitioner prize in clinical medicine, medicine & surgery, paediatrics & disease of children, medical student prize of The Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health, obstetrics & gynaecology, clinical examination, pathology, pharmacology & medical microbiology, neuroscience, physiology, anatomy & cell biology.
- 2005: Sheffield University Medical School Research Day 1st Prize
- 2005-7: British Heart Foundation Clinical PhD Student Fellowship
- 2010: BSE Accreditation in Transthoracic Echocardiography
- 2011: BSE Accreditation in Transoesophageal Echocardiography
- 2013: Certified Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider, British Resuscitation Council
- 2014: Appointed Consultant Cardiologist at Aspetar Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Hospital