Dr Amira Najah
Dr. Amira Najah (Ph.D) is a Licensed Psychologist, and obtained a Ph.D in Clinical and Sports Psychology in 2016 for her work on studying the characteristics of mental attributes in soccer according to playing positions, age and sports environments. After being part of the Paralympics Tunisian Medical Committee during the Paralympic Games in Beijing 2008, Amira joined Aspetar in 2009 as a Psychologist. Amira worked in a range of psychology and sports therapy environments, in order to enhance athletes mind wellness. She is also an academic contributor to the Athlete Learning Gateway (International Olympic Committee (IOC)) platform and has conducted several research to study the mental side of non-performing athletes. Currently she assists both preadmission and inpatient departments in the development and implementation of proactive psychological service delivery. She adopts multidisciplinary approach to the treatment and management of injuries, addressing the physical aspects of the injury, as well as the psychological needs of the athlete. Lately she is focused on the study of religion and spiritualty roles in mental health of athletes with Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury.
- Master I "Clinical Psychology" , University of Provence, Aix Marseille I , France & Institute of Human Sciences, Tunisia ( 2006)
- Master II Professional "Clinical Psychology and Psychopathology for Sportsmen", University Paul Valery III, Montpellier, France. (2007)
- Master II Research, "Clinical Psychology", University of Human and Social Sciences, Tunisia. (2010)
- Football coaching License D and C ,Qatar Football Association and Asian Football Association, Qatar, (2013)
- PhD, "Clinical and Sport Psychology" University of Human and Social Sciences, Tunisia (2016)
- 2008 : Beijing, Paralympic Games - Sports psychologist and mental training specialist for Tunisia Elite National Paralympic athletes ( athletics ; 18 medals - 8 gold, 7 silver and 3 bronze)
- 2008: Member of Tunisia Paralympic Medical Committee and Eligibility.
- 2010: Al Emir Cup - Sports Psychologist and mental training specialist for Al Rayyan Football team (won Emir Cup)
- 2010: GCC Goal ball Championships- Sports Psychologist and mental training specialist for Qatar Goal-ball National Team ( second place- silver)
- 2011: Arab Games - Sports Psychologist and Mental training specialist for Qatar Trampoline National Team (1 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze) , Qatar Artistic Gymnastic National Team ( 2 gold, 2 silver and 1 bronze) , Qatar Goal-ball National Team
- 2011-2012: Football Olympic Qualification Season - Mental training specialist for Qatar National Olympic Football Team.
- 2011-2012-2013-2014: Artistic Gymnastic World Challenge Cup – Sports - Psychologist and Mental training specialist for Artistic Gymnastic National Team.
- 2012- present: Member of Mental Deficiencies Eligibility Section, Qatar Paralympic Committee.