Dr. Farrukh Hamid
Director of Musculoskeletal Medicine
Dr Farrukh Hamid is our Director of Musculoskeletal Medicine and Pain Consultant who specializes in regenerative medicine including PRP and adult stem cell treatments. Dr Hamid has acquired a strong background in his area of expertise and also holds an MBA and M.Sc. in Healthcare Management amongst other qualifications. He has published numerous articles, papers, book chapters and publications.
- 2013 Executive MBA University of Texas
- 2012: Master of Science in Health Care Management. University of Texas
- 2011: Fellow American Academy of Disability Evaluating Physician
- 2010: Fellow Australasian Faculty of Rehab Medicine (FAFRM)
- 2010: Fellow Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
- 2010: Fellow American College of Specialists in Geriatrics (FACSG)
- 2010: Fellow American College of Ethical Physicians.
- 2006: Board Certified American Academy of Anti Aging & Regenerative Med. (FAARM)
- 2006 and 1996: Board Certified American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehab (FAAPMR)
- 1997: Board Certified American Academy of Electro-diagnostic Medicine (FAAEM)
- 1996: Board Certified American Academy of Pain Medicine ( FAAPM)
- 2012-Present: Musculoskeletal and Pain Consultant at Aspetar Orthopedic and Sports Hospital. Sports and musculoskeletal out-patient practice. Pain management Electro-diagnostics, wellness programs, research and training, Doha, Qatar
- 2011-2012: Medical Director and Consultant, Mackay Base Hospital, QLD. Regional hospital for the District, 200 beds, full service teaching hospital. With 7 satellite centers. (Clinical leadership, establishment of regenerative and rehabilitation service programs. Direct clinical patient care, Accreditation, Staff and budget management & Medical education and physician training. Australia
- 2009-2010: Medical Director & Consultant, Royal Hobart Hospital, Tasmania, Australia; (largest Hospital in the state; 500 + bed teaching hospital; university of Tasmania) Rehabilitation and Regenerative Services, Restructured and developed clinical care components; clinical objectives; education and training of Physician and nursing staff; AROC participation, budget oversight and personnel recruitment. Senior lecturer University of Tasmania, Australia.
- 2007-2008: Assistant professor; Department of Physical Medicine & Rehab. The University of Texas Southwestern Med. Ctr., Dallas, TX. World Renowned university, 1000 bed hosp. rated top ten for rehab medicine (Clinic director, consultant physician, both inpatient and multiple out-patient clinics; resident training and registrar supervision, Medical education/research, allied health management) (Part time academic appointment)
- 1997-2008: Medical Director; Metroplex Rehab and Pain Medicine, Carrollton, Texas. (owned and operated comprehensive sports medicine, rehabilitation and pain medicine practice) Clinical patient care, allied health management and office procedures, Financial management of this Full service physical therapy, aquatic therapy, and on site spine injections practice. CARF accredited center; Private practice