Senior Registered Nurse
||40 per week
To operate as a member of the Operating Theatre team providing senior support and guidance to staff and assisting with procedures in compliance with hospital standards and protocols.
- Manage allocated nursing resources to ensure equity of workload and match clinical complexity with nursing competency.
- Co-ordinate allocated workload on a day to day basis to ensure efficient and effective clinical care delivery.
- Deliver care to patients and families that is culturally & religiously appropriate and promotes positive health outcomes.
- To solve problems to meet emergent needs and report issues that may require further intervention.
- Conduct nursing interventions in accordance with Aspetar policy, procedure and code of conduct which effect nursing practice.
- Prepare the Operating Theatre room ensuring it is available at all times for any emergent procedures.
- Anticipate the needs of the scrub team during cases.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of strategies to support application of quality standards and quality improvements.
- Promote the application of evidence based data in patient care.
- Participate in the development and review of policies and procedures.
- Model effective communication with patients and families.
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills in clinical documentation.
- Maintain a high level of interpersonal and communication skills with members of the interdisciplinary team. Communication is guided by respect, trust and collaboration.
- Utilize S.B.A.R. for verbal/telephone clinical communications.
- Demonstrate competency in using information technology (GE Centricity, OPERA, Integrity, UEMR, OmniCell and the DOR) to support the provision of patient care.
- Work with the Head Nurse to provide guidance and support for ward nursing staff to enable them to achieve desired outcomes.
- Participate in the coordination of Department educational activities to meet emerging needs.
- Take a leading role in the clinical education of Theatre staff in collaboration with the Head Nurse and Nurse Educator.
- Act as preceptor for new staff.
- Assume responsibility for allocated portfolios.
- Maintain annual mandatory and core competencies relevant to the position.
- Undertake self-development opportunities to promote and maintain knowledge and competence.
- Participate in the Performance Appraisal process.
- Assume any other responsibilities as directed by the direct supervisor.