||40 per week
To provide competitive athletes enhance their sporting performance through applied sports psychology. Shall be responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating sports psychological therapy for athletes and coaches. In addition to consult and work closely with the Sports Medicine and Sports Science team in establishing treatment objectives which are realistic and consistent with the athletes’ needs.
- Provide professional services to competitive athletes to enhance the athlete’s sporting performance through applied sports psychology.
- Demonstrate current and competent knowledge, skills and abilities in specific areas of sports psychology, which include conducting mental skills training, counseling and consultation sessions for recreational or competitive athletes and coaches to enhance optimal performance.
- Provide sports psychology intervention including performance enhancement, personal development and life skills, career planning and management, well-being and adjustment.
- Implement and evaluate the sports psychological therapy for individual athletes tracks their progress and enhance their programmes when necessary.
- Ensure that the athletes’ sports psychology intervention programme is carried out in accordance with the athletes’ total care plan with the highest professional and service standards.
- Responsible for regular equipment calibration in accordance to manufacturer recommendations, plus first-line cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- Support and improves the clinical and operational workflows for the entire sports science and medicine process of athlete’s assessments, programme planning, intervention and evaluation of programme outcome.
- Develop professional skills and knowledge, in line with existing and new services, through continuing education and training programmes.
- Serve as resource person for specialised skills in psychology, providing support, consultation and counseling to all levels of staff.
- Participate in professional development programme including talks, workshop, seminar, and education & research projects.
- Keep accurate and up to date records of athlete’s assessment, treatment and progress.
- Conduct regular multi-disciplinary case conference / meetings to discuss athlete’s requirements / needs and other related issues / problems for the improvement of his / her care.
- Assume any other responsibilities as directed by the direct supervisor.