Head of Management Accounting
||40 per week
To manage and communicate financial management accounting analyses to Aspetar’s departments and use data results to provide guidance on future financial and budgetary decisions.
- Discusses Aspetar’s management accounting and management reporting needs with Finance Manager and communicates to unit staff the process necessary to deliver
- Strengthen management decision making through the production of timely and accurate monthly management reports for senior managers.
- Support financial management of the departments through the monthly monitoring and analysis of financial results, forecasts and performance.
- Prepare the month-end reporting package, financial analysis, preparation of internal and external reports.
- Develop and monitor financial and non-financial KPI’s.
- Develops new management reporting report templates, with input from the heads of departments
- Assist in facilitating the analysis of available, new and emerging technologies that will assist the Finance Department to improve service delivery.
- Foster collaborative working relationships within the Finance Department, clinical and non clinical departments and other key stakeholders, inside and outside the hospital.
- Advise line managers of potential financial risks to ensure the optimal management of resources.
- Assist in the development scorecard reporting and business cases for capital purchases.
- Meet with Aspetar departments in order to determine department budget needs.
- Sign-off on budget analyses conducted by direct reports.
- Manage consolidation of department budget requests into a single annual Aspetar budget.
- Work with Finance Manager to gain approval of Aspetar’s budget from Ministry of Finance.
- Manage process of department budget allocation.
- Manage budgetary control at department and organisational level
- Assist in identifying budgetary & financial issues within the hospital.
- Assist the Finance Manager with budgetary and financial issues that impact the strategic plans of the hospital.
- Responsible for budget control within the hospital
- Review and analyses monthly financial results (i.e. from Financial Accounting unit data).
- Utilise ERP system in order to review Aspetar department financial costs and conduct profitability analyses.
- Manage the preparation of all reports required for hospital certifications and ensures data accuracy.
- Review financial reports with departments for accuracy and in order provide suggestions to the department for improved financial management and for achieving KPI goals.
- Conduct cost/benefit and costing analysis on desired expenditures of Aspetar departments, examining reason for purchase and type of desired product/service offering.
- Assume any other responsibilities as directed by the direct supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with internal authorisations and approval processes.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Work with other areas (e.g. Material Management/Fixed Assets Committee) to implement procedures, forms and controls regarding fixed assets.
- Provide training to non financial managers on management accounting issues.
- Implement, monitor and update ERP and business intelligences financial systems in collaboration with IT.
- Assist in facilitating the analysis of available, new and emerging technologies that will assist the Finance Department in Clinical and Patient Level costing.
- Develop new financial reporting report templates, with input from the heads of departments
- Responsible for developing and reviewing clinical costing data.
- Conducts annual review of price lists against clinical costs in conjunction with patient accounts
- Review and approve clinical pricing/costing exercises
- Provide support to clinical and non clinical departments on clinical costing
- Liaise with Clinical Heads of Departments to determine costing methods for clinical procedures.
- Conduct hiring, promoting, compensating, training, budgeting, disciplining, coordinating schedules, terminates and performance manages direct reports.
- Provide guidance and direct input to the development plans and performance management of direct reports to meet the AZF objectives.