||40 per week
To direct patient care for orthopaedic cases presenting at the Centre. Attend to patients in the wards, outpatient clinics, ICU and provide professional surgical assessment and care / intervention to patients under his / her care. Ensure compliance with professional standards and safety regulations and controls to ensure the highest standard of clinical and patient service. The orthopaedic surgeon provide 24 hour, 7 day a week emergency cover for athlete emergencies within Aspetar scope of service.
- Assist the Chief of Surgery in planning, developing and implementing strategies and programmes for the development of orthopaedic specialties / sub-specialties and services.
- Participate in educational, research and professional development that will enhance the quality of clinical and patient services and professional standing of the Centre.
- Provides primary care to inpatients assigned to him/her including performing a history and physical examination, writing a treatment plan, and keeping progress notes covering diagnostic evaluation, progress, and discharge. Completes narrative summaries and other documents required for adequate follow-up.
- Cares for outpatients in the outpatient clinic including performing a diagnostic evaluation, writing treatment plans, and insuring proper follow-up.
- Works with the Chief Orthopaedic Surgeon to define the clinica quality management framework and standards of clinical care governing the practice of orthopaedic medicine and patient care in the Centre.
- Works with the Chief Orthopaedic Surgeon to formulate and establish the clinical development plans, goals and objectives of the orthopaedic department.
- Supervise, guide and develop Resident Medical Officers and nursing staff who are assisting the orthopaedic surgeon in providing patient care. Check their treatment plans, assist and guide them as required.
- Provide on-call consultative services (off-site or on-site as the situation demands) for complex or urgent orthopaedic cases presenting at the Centre.
- Assume any other responsibilities as directed by the direct supervisor.