While in any medical facility you should always be aware of hygiene, specifically hand hygiene, as frequently washing your hands is the single most important factor for preventing the spread of infection. It is very important that all visitors follow this hygiene standard and wash theirhands regularly using propertechniques, the instructions of which are available in the majority of bathrooms.
Should you not be able to access a sink, hand sanitizergel is available toeveryone, and dispensers are placed inevery patient room and immediately outside the door of the patient room, as well as in other areas of the hospital.
To limit the chance of any infection, we also strongly recommend that you do not visit the patient if you are ill, have the symptoms of becoming so, or have a communicable disease.
For health and safety reasons, and to keep infection rates to an absolute minimum, Aspetar do not allow the following items to be brought into the hospital:
- Food (unless otherwise directed by a physician or dietician).
- An excessive amount of flowers arrangements, including standing arrangements.
- Organic materials, including carpets, mats, and live plants.
- Bed linen, such as duvets, sheets, pillows and blankets.
- Humidifiers, oud or incense burners.
- Any kind of animal (even small pets).
- Anything made of glass or hazardous and / or flammable materials.
Should you wish to view the full Aspetar policies and procedures on health and safety, please do not hesitate to ask your nurse, who will ensure a copy is made available to you.